Monday, November 01, 2004

Unprepared

Where did the weekend go? Halloween and the time change put me back a day. So I winged it today. I gave the 9th graders some sentences to correct on the overhead. When they were finished, I asked them to write on the following prompt: Do you agree or disagree with the uniform policy at the school? Their next paper deals with choosing a position and supporting it with evidence. I then handed out a formal essay guide that I created last year. It gives specific criteria and examples on style for any essay they might write. We also took some time to discuss their weekend activities.

I allowed the 8th graders to talk about their Halloween adventures as well. We also finished the story, "Too Soon a Woman." Their next essay is a book report so I'll be planning a trip to the library soon. Overall, it was a fairly pleasant day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home