Thursday, November 04, 2004

Wednesday

I handed out an MLA citation/documentation style sheet yesterday. The next paper that the 9th graders are doing is a research/analyzing non-fiction essay. We wrote an introductory paragraph together yesterday. It was a good paragraph, but what concerned me was the students who didn't take the exercise seriously. I told them that this essay was to be a part of their portfolio in order to graduate from high school. Rough drafts are due next week. I also calculated their grades up to last weeks assignments. I have several students in the F category, but they have some time to pull their grades up.

The 8th graders worked on their new spelling list. There is a test on Friday. I also received a very disturbing short story from one student. I had assigned a suspense/spooky story assignment. This student wrote about shooting up a graduation ceremony and shooting the principal. I showed it to my master teacher and she said she was going to show it to the VP and I think the counselor. I believe this student wants to emulate an older brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home