Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Good times

I worked at two middle schools this week. I didn't particularly care for Chula Vista middle school. Even though there were some nice students there, there were also some very rude ones as well. Granted, I would never work at a middle school, however, I wouldn't mind working at Granger, the last school I did my student teaching at, which was the school I worked at today.

I had seventh graders today and things were going very well until the last period of the day. Every class was great! But then, at the end of the day, this last class had some disruptive students in it. It wasn't until I finally started writing names down that they stopped goofing around. It's sad that it had to come to that because all the other classes worked so well and were very receptive of me. And it was a short day which was great!

I did get to go see my old students. It's funny how a few months will change a person. Some of them looked different, but acted the same. I spoke with my master teacher and she told me that one of the trouble makers is going to be tested for GATE (Gifted And Talented). Which would explain quite a bit. I also stopped by just before I left to see some of the eighth graders. As I was walking out, one of my old students who got out of the Options program called my name. She was practicing in the drill team which I think is a great thing for her because she'll have to keep up her grade point average in order to participate. Overall it was a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home