Friday, May 13, 2005

Two good jobs

I worked at two different schools this week: Southwest High School and Southwest Middle. I was at the high school at the beginning of the week and it went well. It was all 12th graders. They were all polite and courteous, although I did cut them a little slack and let them do things they normally wouldn't do, like eat. It's a descent size school and I wouldn't mind working there, but I just heard they might go on block schedule and I'm not sure I like that right now. 2 hours with the same kids??? And then if there's one student that absolutely ruins your day? I don't think so. LOL!

I was at the middle school today. They were all 7th graders. One great thing was that the teacher has a student aid, which helped out a lot. 4th period had the worst kids, who ruin it for the others. The teacher did stop by to pick something up, and he explained that he had taken over the class from someone else and that some students had either emotional or disciplinary problems. One girl talked very loud, even when I was standing near her desk. The majority of students were great though and some of them said I should teach English there. AS IF!!! It is a nice school, but I'm just not a middle school kind of teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home