Thursday, May 05, 2005

To sub or not to sub

One thing I hate about subbing is that the system calls at 5 am. I'd rather know the night before if I am working or not. I missed an early morning call, and then the system didn't call until after 8 for an assignment at 8:30. So am I suppose to get ready and just sit by the phone ready to go? I don't think so. I went to the market at 8:30, and when I got back, there were two more calls from the system. I did get an assignment for tomorrow.

I also got a confirmation from another district that my application for a teaching position is now in the English pool of applicants. I'm still waiting to hear from Sweetwater, but at this point, I'll take any position as long as it's a low performing school. But then again, I may switch to a low income school. I've got to look into this with the APLE grant people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home