Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Interesting day

Little did I know that the school I accepted an assignment from was all high-risk students. I had three classes that were relatively small, between 3 and 6 students. Everyone warned me about 3rd and 4th periods. I thought 3rd period was a great class. We even had an interesting discussion on gay marriage which was off topic, but with all English classes, any discussion is good because it causes the mind to analyze and respond. 4th period was horrible. There were several students who were a constant disruption, but there were also students who were great. I sat there and watched them and wondered what they would be later in life. I have to go back tomorrow, which is alright except for that 4th period class. I don't think I'll accept another assignment from there again. On a positive note, the social studies teacher I subbed for last week called me to work for her again because the students had "nothing but nice things to say about you." It is St. Patty's Day on Thursday, and I might be going out to celebrate for the first time in a while. I'm not sure what kind of shape I'll be in on the 18th. Next week I won't be working at all because it's spring break.

Oh, the reports I had gotten from the Mar Vista students was about another school, and not about the one I'm working at this week. I'm sure if I asked them about it, they'd have nothing but bad things to say about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home