Thursday, March 10, 2005

Substituting

The two day job wasn't bad. The only problem was the last period class; what a bunch of assholes. I took another job at my old school, and again, every class was pretty cool except for one.

Today, I accepted a social studies job which was fine. Each period was unique in their own way. 4th period was amazingly perfect. Worked quietly, was not disruptive, and was very courteous. They were 10th graders and the class was an advance placement class. That might have had something to do with it. The last class of the day was horrible. Rude and obnoxious little shitheads. I really felt bad for the teacher and what she has to put up with. But she warned me, as did 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th period. I gave them a chance to redeem themselves, but there was a group that ruined if for the rest. There were some students in there that do want to learn. It's just a shame that that one group has to spoil it for them.

So I've come to the assumption that out of all of the classes I am substituting, there will always be one that has a bunch of assholes in it. But it's almost like they're all bunched together in one class. Does the administration do that on purpose? I had that happen on one of my student teaching assignments, and as a student teacher, that wasn't the best idea. Discourage them now instead of letting them teach some many years, and then discourage them.

I've been to two schools that are on my list of places I want to teach. So far, I could see myself at either one. With my luck, they'll give me one really great class and four really crappy ones. No wonder most beginning teachers quit after three years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home