Monday, May 23, 2005

High school is the best!

When I got to the school, they didn't know where I was suppose to be. After a few calls, I was subbing for a sub, which is kind of odd. The students were all English language development students. That means, they speak English, but their communications skills need improving. I had two classes for two periods each. We watched a Harry Potter movie. Periods 3/4 were able to finish the whole movie because I didn't give them the silent reading period. My 5th period class was a sound tech class which comprised of juniors and seniors. But instead of the History of Rock and Roll dvd, I let them watch Friday, which was an R rated movie. It was funny and the language was nothing they haven't used or heard. Another teacher came in and it didn't bother him, so we continued to watch it.

I ran into a student teacher who I went to school with, and lucky thing, because I was lost and he was able to show me where I needed to go. I really like the high school arena. Granted, sometimes some of the students act very childish, but at least they are not as sassy and disrespectful like some middle school students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home