Thursday, September 30, 2004

Friday must be coming...

The timed writing went well, however some of the students who finished quicker could not read silently. Some took the extra time to finish their other work from world geography, which was fine. According to Ms. Reese, the vice principal said if any students in Options are behind in their work, we can send them to O-Class. After I look through all the grades, and post them on Monday, I'm sure several students will be spending time there.

I reviewed Flowers for Algernon with the 3 girls today. The boys had not read the story so I'll have to figure out how to catch them up to speed. I'm going to check with their previous teachers, and just maybe give them a clean slate to work from. They've both were responsive to the writing assignments I gave them, which gave the impression they want to succeed. Also, their participation in the sentence activity was very good. One girl imparticular may be a problem. This is someone who told us earlier this week that she wouldn't mind having a baby in 2 years. I was shocked and told her that it's not a good idea to have a child so young...wait till your 25 and finished with college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home