Thursday, September 23, 2004

Restless

The natives were a little restless today. It was apparent most of them didn't read the story. Some are testing their boundaries with me, but I did manage to give them the "disappointing" stare. I then decided to call on the ones that were talking to answer questions on the story. We ended up reading parts of it in class. I gave them a handout on pronouns and after correcting them, I found it interesting that some of them didn't spell the reflexive pronouns correctly even though they were at the top of the page. Today reminded me of the crappy days I had at the other middle school last year. However, I have to keep reminding myself that these are not regular students.

I may have a problem 8th grader. She came in today in a very negative mood. I thought her attitude was such a flip from the student who wanted to do better just a couple of days ago. Again, I have to remind myself that I can't save every child. I can only do the best I can. I handed out a packet that goes along with Flowers for Algernon. We worked on that and prepositions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home