Wednesday, June 01, 2005

What is it about middle school?

There are two things that I dislike very much: middle school and block schedules.

Some middle schoolers act as if they know all about the world and they are indistructable. One of my friends once told me that "payback's a bitch." As I watch some of the students acting like little punks, I realize and remember how much of an ass I was to the substitutes at my schools. But did I act like them? Maybe. I think I knew that the subs couldn't do anything to me. Fortunately for me, I'm experienced with the district school policies and have no problems keeping students after class.

Block schedules can be a good thing because a teacher can work more with students. However, it can also be a bad thing because if there is one student that ruins it for you or the class, everyone is stuck with this student for almost two hours. I know that when I finally get my own class, I will make it a point to let my classes know that I will make everyone pay for giving the sub a bad time. I have come to the realization that the reason there are so many sub jobs for middle schools is because the teachers need time away from these "precious little angels."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home