Friday, October 08, 2004

Thursday

It was a relatively easy day today. We went over conjunctions and interjections. I gave them the Holt handout on them, which is a little more difficult. We discussed "Thank you, M'am" and I was surprised at the number of students who read. I moved the test to Monday because I didn't get a chance to put them into groups and assign discussion questions. Unfortunately, quite a few of them will have O-Class today until they finish at least 4 assignments. We did have a lively discussion about the story and I related it to the mothers and their children who sell "chicklet" in Tijuana.

The 8th graders worked on more grammar and elements of a personal narrative. My talkative girl was not in class, so there were fewer distractions and more work done. Again, it was an easy day, which was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home