Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Last day teaching

My last substitute assignment was last Thursday. It wasn't a bad assignment. The school was on block schedule and I only had two periods to work with plus an advisory. The first period was challenging. Some of the students insisted on throwing paper at each other. What a bunch of morons. Second period was the best. A very fun and funny group of students. I also had a half hour advisory. They were suppose to be reading, but I let them talk if they wanted. When second period read, I couldn't believe how quiet they were. It was amazing. I was only going to let them read for fifteen minutes, but I let them continue for twenty-five because they were so silent.

Well, I'm off to my nephew's graduation. The year around schools don't start until July 18. I'm on the sub list for two districts now and hopefully by the middle of August, I'll have a full-time position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home